pages

October 18, 2007

Thank you everyone!!!!

Waving a big hello to everyone I met at the Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids!

THAT was an incredible weekend. Its was like nothing else I'd been to before.
So how did it go overall? It was AMAZING to see so many scrappers in one place. GENEROUS scrappers! Signing up for more classes, buying tickets for every draw, shopping in the store. And all of that added up to a very sizeable donation. Over 130 scrapbookers - almost 200 people if you include teachers and volunteers - raised over $40,000 for the BC Childrens Hospital Foundation.


Originally it was my intention to mingle more with the crowd, maybe take a class, take lots of photos, perhaps have a nice dinner, stay up late and chill out with my roommates. None of that happened. I was so busy attending to happy shoppers in the store, there was no time for anything else. By midnight each night we were all EXHAUSTED! From the moment the doors to the crop room opened we were on our toes. Scrapbookers love to shop, and within 20 minutes we were sold out of the first of many items.

Big, Big, BIG thanks to my store volunteers for their time and enthusiasm. I could not have done it without you. I know that you were there to support Childrens Hospital, but you wouldn't have offered if you didn't support me and believe in me, and that means more to me than I can possibly put into words. There's another thank you gift coming your way! And thank you to those of you who attended the event and volunteered to volunteer. I didn't have to drag you away from your crop table this time....but next time you never know :)

Exhausted or not...I HAD A BLAST!! Scrapbookers are the best people! I could tell that everyone was having fun. Feedback on classes was great. (and some of you took ALOT of classes!) Thanks to all the teachers and sponsors that donated their time, talent and products. I didn't get to take any classes but I did snap up a couple of my favorite leftover class kits.

I want to commend Nicole and Mary for all their hard work leading up to the event. Months and months of planning, organizing, coordinating, advertising really paid off. (I was listed as an organizer, but my contribution was a drop in the bucket compared to what these girls pulled off) Nicole is delightful and passionate and has a 'gift of the gab' that will draw anyone in. Mary is so generous and hard working and organized, and she knows a ton of scrapbookers who helped spread the word. I wish I could personally thank each and every volunteer and TA who donated their time. Jen, Debra, Jo, Debby - just to name a few - did a fantastic job of stepping in wherever necessary. It was a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Next year is going to be even better!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

waving hello back!! :)

ummm, yes I am a chatterbox - a well established fact lol!

seriously - Sandra : your store, you and your helpers rocked in there all weekend long and you helped us so much and to everyone who was there attending, volunteering and just for support, you all made a huge difference in the lives of BC kids and their families and I cant say enough thank you's.

We have an amazing group of scrapbookers in our area and their hearts were open to helping our cause and I am blessed to have met some amazing new friends through this event.

Don't just sit there...SCRAP SOMETHING!