pages

December 17, 2009

Getting crafty at Christmas




The kids and I were wrapping daddy's presents in secret yesterday and realized we needed gift tags. I'd seen an idea on Cathy Z's blog and figured that I could make something similar from scratch.


I used snippets of lyrics from Christmas carols for an accent and made 12 different versions in either red or green. I used Word Art in Microsoft Word to create the text and played around with the size a bit. I laid out 12 copies on a page and printed on plain white cardstock. The white part is 1.5" x 3.5" and the green (or red) is 2" x 4.25". The border is a little longer on one end for punching a hole and threading ribbon or twine.


The cool red & natural jute twine comes on a 30m spool at IKEA. Did you know IKEA has great funky gift wrapping stuff? Of course they do.


Other products/materials used: Bazzill cardstock, corner rounder punch, EK Success Edger punch, EZ Runner adhesive, scissors, 1/4" hole punch.




Vinnie helped too.


In fact, Vinnie was *very* involved in the process. Too involved.

The kids had fun. Briefly. I know they are not hardcore crafters so when their attention wore out I carried on without them. The stuff stayed on the dining room table all evening, and every so often my "commando crafter" boy would run back in, punch a few corners, stick something together and run back to his monster trucks.

If you'd like to make these please email me and I'll send you the template document. You'll have to cut the tags to size and be creative with your own ribbon & cardstock!


Happy Holidays!


Sandra @ The Memory Workshop






No comments:

Don't just sit there...SCRAP SOMETHING!