pages

July 22, 2011

My scrapbook system. PART TWO.

This is where I talk about how I scrap, sort and store my finished layouts. You can read PART ONE here...

After over a year of scrapping anything and everything I wanted, I had a very respectable pile of completed layouts. I didn't actually count them, but if I had to guess, I'd put the total around 200 (thats pages, not layouts. I do a mix of 1- and 2-page layouts).



That would sound daunting, if it was just a big pile. I stored them vertically in rubbermaid totes. (this is not the big pile, this is just a sample.)

Then I pulled them out and got down to business, sorting them into groups by THEME.  Very quickly it became clear what my subject matter and themes are. The piles soon got names like: Pets, Christmas, Birthdays & Holidays, Family & Friends, Places We Go, The Lake, All About Me, May, Todd, Adventures in Scrapbooking. Anything that doesn't fit in one of those categories goes into Everyday Stuff.

I built some layout storage using materials I had on hand.


These are pizza boxes (clean!) with the ends cut off on an angle, and then taped together. They mimic the shape of the Cropper Hopper paper holders. It's so easy to drop the layouts into the boxes!

When a box is full, it's time to move the layouts to an album. Depending on your preferred album style (post or d-ring) and how 'lumpy' your pages are, an album will hold 40-60 pages. As I said before, I don't worry about date order.  I date my pages -- so its clear which birthday or Christmas or summer vacation it is -- and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Don't just sit there...SCRAP SOMETHING!